Commonwealth Business Forum 2015 – Launch in Italy
Where leaders from 53 nations will talk business on Italy’s doorstep
The Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council, the CHOGM Taskforce, the Commonwealth Club of Rome, LUISS Business School and the Association Alumni MBA LUISS BS are pleased to invite you to the Launch in Italy of the Commonwealth Business Forum 2015:
Monday 25 May, 2015 @ 16.00
Aula Magna, LUISS Business School
Viale Pola, 12. Roma
The Commonwealth Business Forum (CBF) is a business gathering which takes places alongside the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting (CHOGM). Just like there is a business forum, the B20, alongside the G20, there is a business forum alongside CHOGM. The CBF is designed to provide a space for high level dialogue between business and Government leaders from the Commonwealth and beyond. An important aim is to develop stronger partnerships between Governments and business to ensure that the Commonwealth plays its part in promoting sustainable growth across the world. The CBF also serves as a platform for Commonwealth nations to showcase investment opportunities to the global business community. Business leaders from the 53 commonwealth nations will meet other business leaders from the rest of the world. The Forum provides an opportunity to influence the debate on global trade and investment issues.
This year’s CBF is prioritising infrastructure, technology, health, financial services and tourism.
This year’s CBF takes place in November in Malta, on Italy’s doorstep.
The Launch in Italy is an opportunity for Commonwealth representatives present in Italy to have a sneak preview of what is going to be discussed in November in Malta.
The Launch in Italy is also an opportunity for Italian business leaders to consider doing business with the commonwealth and to understand what opportunities may be waiting for them if they go to Malta in November.
The organizers of the CBF, from the Uk, Lord Marland, Chairman of the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council, and, from Malta, Phyllis Muscat, Head of the CHOGM Taskforce (set up by Maltese Govt to coordinate the CHOGM and CBF events), will be our keynote speakers.
The Commonwealth Club of Rome is pleased to be able to be involved in an event which brings the commonwealth to rome.
LUISS Business School and the Association Alumni MBA LUISS BS are pleased to host this event especially because they are already collaborating with many Commonwealth nations and their business leaders, and are currently developing a number of initiatives that could be of interest to Commonwealth nations.
We all look forward to welcoming you on 25 May. Following the speakers there will be some time for networking and cocktails will be offered. Please register clicking on the following link… http://goo.gl/forms/U6OFlKELtU
Una festa di Natale sul filo dei ricordi degli Alumni (dal sito www.luiss.it)
Giovedì 11 dicembre gli ex studenti LUISS hanno festeggiato il loro Throwback Christmas nell’Aula Chiesa di Viale Romania
Una serata per ricordare i migliori momenti passati alla LUISS e ritrovare i compagni di un tempo.Giovedì 11 dicembre 2014 quasi 400 alumni hanno riempito l’Aula Chiesa di Viale Romania per l’evento Throwback Christmas, la festa di Natale dedicata a tutti coloro che hanno frequentato la nostra università.
Dai laureati dei quattro dipartimenti ai soci ALL, AssoMaster e Associazione Alumni EMBA, insieme ai diplomati dei master LUISS Business School, School Of Government e Scuola di Giornalismo, tutti i partecipanti hanno fatto un tuffo nel passato, con le foto dei momenti più significativi della loro carriera universitaria proiettate durante la festa. Ma hanno avuto anche l’occasione di creare nuovi ricordi, ritrovandosi dopo tanti anni e scattando nuove foto insieme.
La presentazione delle più belle immagini degli alumni LUISS è stata preceduta dai saluti del Direttore Generale Giovanni Lo Storto, che ha ricordato l’importante ruolo degli ex studenti comeambasciatori della nostra università nel mondo. Insieme a lui, hanno introdotto la serata il Manager Scientifico della School of Government Lorenzo Valeri, Rosa Puca, Presidente Associazione Alumni EMBA, Edward Mura, Presidente AssoMaster, e Andrea Fuscodell’Associazione Laureati LUISS.
Alumni LUISS Christmas Event – 11 December, 2014 @ 19.30
The MBA Distinguished
Executive Award honors one of our Alumni who has had a distinguished managerial/entrepreneurial career. We look for alumni with visibility in the international environment, in order to promote the LUISS MBA. We also look for alumni who contribute to the activities of the Association.
Again this year the Award will be decided by You the Alumni voting on each candidate.
The candidates are 3 senior alumni with the abovementioned characteristics (in edition order):
MBA IV – Andrea Alunni
MBA VIII – Nader Elkhweet
MBA IX – Luigi Cacciapuoti
For details regarding each Candidate and to Vote please click on the following link… https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TzPxiiKP6b6wlNy9eaQ5qREMLXNuVPONCIKSFwo81Qk/viewform
Please Vote… next year You could be a Candidate!!!
The Award will be presented at the MBA Graduation Day on 12 December 2014.
Admission test 28/7 or via Skype.
In order to encourage participation of excellent candidates in the MBA programme of LUISS Business School, the Association of Alumni MBA of LUISS Business School is seeking nominations by alumni MBA of applicants who can demonstrate potential to contribute to the enhancement of the Alumni MBA LUISS Business School network. The applicants must demonstrate international experience and strong consideration will be given to those that can also demonstrate commitment to social and environmental sustainable development and with experience in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Towards this end, the Association of Alumni MBA of LUISS Business School is pleased to announce an Alumni MBA LUISS Business School International Scholarship for the 24th Edition of the Master in Business Administration: An International Programme.
As candidates in the MBA programme, they must first satisfy the requirements of LUISS Business School for admission to its MBA programme.
The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees, equivalent to 24,000.00 EUR.
– To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must be accepted into the LUISS MBA programme by the deadline: for admission requirements seehttp://www.mba.luiss.edu/how-to-apply.php
– Applicants must be nominated by an alumni MBA LUISS Business School. The alumni MBA nominator must motivate the case for the selection of his applicant.
– Applicants must demonstrate potential to contribute to the enhancement of the Alumni MBA LUISS Business School network.
– Applicants must demonstrate international experience. Strong consideration will be given to applicants that demonstrate leadership potential to drive sustainable projects and prove their commitment and experience in CSR or sustainability.
– The awarding of the scholarship will be decided by a scholarship commission made up of members of the Association and LUISS Business School.
Nominators must forward their motivations for the selection of their applicant and Applicants must provide an essay (minimum 1500 words) containing all the following elements:
– An explanation of their potential to contribute to the enhancement of the Alumni MBA LUISS Business School network.
– An explanation of how they think the MBA programme is expected to contribute to the above objective and their career.
– A description of their relevant international experience.
– A description of their relevant experience in the CSR or sustainability field including a description of an aspect in their life that has made them particularly aware of the need for sustainable development OR a situation that has particularly motivated them to work in that field.
Applicants for the scholarship will be considered and evaluated by the scholarship committee on the basis of the abovementioned criteria.
Candidates for the MBA Programme will be assessed by LBS according to its criteria published on its website.
DEADLINE AND NOTIFICATION
– The awarded student must confirm the acceptance of the grant within 5 working days after reception of the notification.
– In case of programme withdrawal or exclusion for any reason, the applicant will be required to refund the total tuition fees and other administrative charges.